Tuesday 3 December 2013

Project evaluation: Drink Label




 For this project I was asked to make a drinks Logo and label for from the drink categories; Milk/Milkshake,Smoothies,Juice,Coffee or wine, so I chose Milkshake, which I was also told to do in the project brief, therefore my outcome was a milkshake logo and label, which was then also put on a bottle.

To create my Logo I first began by drawing out a few ideas, when I had decided on a final logo I then went on to scanning it onto photoshop where I cleaned it up and started experimenting with colours and textures e.g. scanning tissue paper, To help me create the logo I did research on other milkshake logos to find out the types of things included in their logos and the types of fonts used for different target audience, I also did market research with my target audience to find out which logo was best for that audience, instead of just using my personal opinion, I made sure I met my deadline by keeping on-top with my work and not falling behind.

The part of the process I liked the most was when I began to experiment with different textures such as the tissue paper to create an ice looking effect, which I then scanned into photoshop and tried different colour variations to see which was best suited to the logo itself, The thing that makes my outcome a success was that it came out more or less how I expected it, I also produced it before the deadline date and I met the brief as I made a logo and label along with the information on the label, which was then stuck on a bottle and photographed.

One thing that didn't go well is that when I printed the label the colours were not as bright as they appeared on the computer, therefore I did not like the colours much, if I had more time I would make changes to the colours I used and try more variations of the logo, I completed all the work as I had a completed final outcome on the deadline.

During this project I learnt how to experiment with different materials to create different textures and also how dramatically you can change them on photoshop just by using and experimenting with simple effects, Personally I think I improved on my photoshop skills because I now know how to use more of the tools than I did before this project due to using photoshop for a majority of the time to do experimentation with the different effects, through my research I learnt how different fonts, colours and imagery can be used to target an audience.






No comments:

Post a Comment